How to add pictures to Google business profile?
Adding photos to your Google business profile seems like a smooth and quick process because what can you do wrong? You simply open your Google business profile view, click on the appropriate tab, and add your previously prepared photos. Yes, this process is correct, but is it the most effective, and will it help to increase our company's visibility in Google search and the Google Maps app?
Let's see what you can do better to add different photos to your business listing on Google that will affect the ranking and visibility of your business like no other.
How can I upload photos to Google business account?
Let's start with the basics. How and where can you add a photo to your Google business profile? It's easy. Go to Google and type your business name in there. Then you should see the same view like the one in the example below.
Then just click: Add photos
Then go through the whole process of adding a photo, and at the end, click: Upload
What kind of photo should you upload?
Try to upload at least three photos from each of these categories:
- Exterior photos - will help your customers quickly see where your business is located and make it easier to find your business.
- Interior photos - these will help your customers get a feel for the atmosphere of your business and get a feel for the design and initial navigation of your reception area, office, etc.
- Product photos - by adding product photos, you will help your customers get to know your company's whole offer better and faster.
- Work in progress photos - customers will quickly understand what your company does with this kind of photo.
- Photos of food and drinks - will significantly enrich your menu and help your customers quickly choose the perfect place for dinner. It's also common for customers to show a picture from a company's Google profile and ask for that particular dish from the picture.
- Common areas - For example, public spaces will help customers plan their stay at your hotel. Show them that you have a spa, sauna, jacuzzi so that they no longer look for these attractions elsewhere during their vacation.
- Rooms - this is crucial in the hotel industry. Customers want to know what standard they can count on in a particular place to plan to vacation.
- Photos of the team - show customers that behind this company and its services or products are smiling, lively and enthusiastic people. :)
You can easily take some pictures, like the work-in-progress photos, yourself. For the photos of the interior of your menu, we would recommend hiring a professional photographer.
Also, pick the picture that describes your business best (and is most likely to drive new customers to your place), and set it up as your business cover photo. Sometimes, especially when you don't choose any image to the cover photo section, cover photo automatically sets from your recent photos.
In addition to adding photos to your Google business listing, you can also upload videos to promote your business even better in the search results. Google will support a video that is up to 100 MB in size, maximum 30 seconds long with the resolution 720.
What is the best Google My Business image size?
Your images will look best on Google if they meet the following standards:
- Format: JPG or PNG.
- Size: 10 KB to 5 MB.
- Recommended resolution: 720 px high, 720 px wide.
- Minimum resolution: 250 px high, 250 px wide.
- Quality: The photo should be sharp and well-lit, with no significant alterations or excessive filters. In other words, the picture should reflect reality.
What kind of photos is best?
You want to avoid anything smooth or overly polished, which can distract users. Let them know that these photos are created through a photo editing program or downloaded from databases of free images from the internet.
When uploading a photo to a Google business profile, you need to present the authentic form of your business. Don't try to colorize, edit, rework or enhance anything. It doesn't make sense because lying the reality in front of customers may reveal itself in the future with several negative reviews, where customers will mention that these photos misled them. Opt for authenticity and truth.
Add thematic, relevant, and authentic photos.
BONUS - Free tools to help you add relevant images to Google
I'm sure you're wondering if your photo is the right size and format for Google. Is your photo thematic and fits your business? Does Google see something in the photo that is inappropriate?
Here are two free tools to help you with this process.
- Canva: This is a tool you can use to resize your photos, weigh them, and format them easily. You have to add your photo there, choose the size and format, and download it.
- Google Vision AI: This is a fantastic tool provided by Google itself. It can quickly and easily tell you what Google sees and understands by the image you add to your Google Business Profile. Add your photo there and wait a moment, and Google will tell you everything about your photo. If Google shows you that it sees something completely different in that photo than what your business offers, don't add it to your profile because you will only be doing a disservice to your Google business profile.
- TinyPNG and TinyJPG: They are the tools that optimize the weight of images. Just upload images you want to leave there, wait a few seconds, and done, the picture is much lighter and ready to be published in your company profile in Google. :)
Adding business images to a company profile on Google is not as difficult as it may seem. It is a simple process that can be very fast and effective with the help of free tools. Yet, it can be groundbreaking when it comes to local marketing/local SEO and beating your competitors from around the corner. ;) Remember that high-quality images impact your company's visibility in Google and your customers' buying decisions. Good luck!
Don't forget to add yourself to the newsletter to avoid missing out on future articles, tutorials, and lists of free tools to help you grow your business on Google.